Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Roller Coaster!

This season has been a lot like the modern day roller coasters...up down snapping your head around making you a bit nauseous but also a lot of fun!
This last week has been gosh I don't even know the right word for it. After the loss Sunday I found myself getting down. I was sad after listening to the local sports guys talk about how tough the road trip was going to be starting in Texas. But I gave myself a little pep talk and said "it will be alright!"
The first game Monday night in Texas was brutal. I wasn't able to turn it on until the 3rd inning and we were already down 9! I had lots of chores to do so I turned it off but peeked in a while later....ugh. Needless to say I got really bummed and felt pretty discouraged. I began to hear all the "its over" talk with the "we're sellers not buyers" for the upcoming trade period...ugh again.
Then I got to watch the last half of the Tuesday night game. My MN Twins did not quit. It would have been so easy to come into this game with their heads hung down. Getting tromped by 14 runs sucks, playing in Texas heat sucks I would not have blamed them much if they packed it in...but that's not my MN Twins! They fought those last innings got some breaks and pulled out a one run win! It was fun to see Gardy at the top step yelling and bouncing around, think he must be feeling better after that infection.
After watching Joe Nathan come in and close the door on the Rangers I decided I will not quit on this team. I will continue my wishing and hoping that they catch up to the division leaders but more importantly I will just enjoy the baseball! I will appreciate the little things like Michael Cuddyer pitching a less then perfect scoreless inning! This would be the very thin silver lining from that game.

Cuddy wrote about his trip to the mound on FSN...

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/07/26/11/Cuddyer-My-trip-to-the-mound-took-years/landing_twins.html?blockID=541711&feedID=3546

Before this last two years I haven't thought much about Cuddy. I mean by that he has always just been that regular guy on the team. he never really shined enough on the field or personality wise to get my attention. Not that I didn't like him I could take him or leave him. But after the way he has stepped up consistently in times of injury and severe need the last two years I can't help but love the guy. He can play every position, only two he hasn't are catcher and shortstop, which is weird since he was drafted as a shortstop. He has a future after Baseball writing or on air though he could also do photography! He shares his photography on Flicker...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fivebball/
He is a big part of the community relations that the Twins do. Hard not to like the guy. Of course there is talk of trading him since he has been our most consistent player this year and what team wouldn't want him. He's a ballplayer!
I don't think the Twins would trade him he just seems like the kinda guy they will keep forever. If they do I feel pretty confident he would come back next year in free agency. I really don't know who we have of interest to trade right now. I know who I would like them to ship out but I shall keep my promise and not elaborate! I think it would be fun if they let him play every position in one game. In 1968 Twin Cesar Tovar did it striking out Reggie Jackson in the process!


I know its wrong to take any pleasure in this but I am sure he is fine....

http://www.1500espn.com/link/Watch_Ozzie_Guillen_get_a_foul_ball_to_the_face

GO TWINS

2 comments:

  1. hey it is jack i like your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just re-read this and have decided, no, it's not wrong to take pleasure in someone getting beaned in the noggin with a baseball. For sports nincompoops like myself that is the only highlight we understand!! :-D

    ReplyDelete